How to monitor SIP over Ethernet
Monitoring IP channel is one of the basic features of Clarinet.
Connecting the unit
The Clarinet Book USB Ethernet 10/100 uses the RJ45 or AUI port.
The Clarinet-Book can be connected to a 10B2 BNC connctor by using:
- an external transceiver (provided as an accessory) AUI-10B2
- the power supply of the Clarinet-Book which provide the power to the
Setting the test conditions for Ethernet RJ45
A new profile can be created with the Wizard from the Template list by
- LAN application.
- Profile with a description including LAN, Monitor,
- Filter with a description including DL= MAC802.3/Auto/SIP
Example using the wizard:
Profile resulting from the wizard is ready for SIP monitoring over Ethernet RJ45
10M or 100M (Automatic detection) .The SIP protocol is automatically
decoded if the filter is invoked by the profile.
Acquisition limited to a set of MAC addresses
The profile can be modified to only generate events from a set of MAC
addresses by selecting in TAB [Clarinet 1]:
- edit the profile resulting from wizard (lan_mon.acp
as an example)
- go to Monitored Address
- set the value of source and destination in the columns source
address and destination
- Save the profile under a new name:
Running the profile
To launch the profile:
- Select Profile->Run or click over
. It allows to select the name of profile. See Running
- The windows of the Event-Editor is automatically opened.
To stop the profile
- Click over
- The window of the Event-Editor is automatically close
Troubleshooting over Ethernet
- No messages displayed on the Event-Editor windows. Check if the LED of the
Clarinet Book show activity over LAN interface