How to simulate one basic call over PRI E1/T1 from the user side
Simulation of an ISDN terminal is one of the features directly covered
by the templates included in the Clarinet Run-Time.
Connecting the unit
The Clarinet Book USB E1/T1 which simulates the
User side in front of a Network, uses the B port "From Network".
The Clarinet-Book can be connected to the E1 interface in:
The Clarinet-Book can be connected to the T1 interface in:
Creating the profile for PRI-User simulation
A new profile can be created with the Wizard from the Template list by
- Profile with a description including ISDN, Simu, User, PH=E1 or
- Filter with a description including SL= Q931, DL=BOP
Example using the wizard:
Profile resulting from the wizard is ready for monitoring in the D channel
with Q931 decoding
- Modifications to apply to the profile about physical interface:
- E1 Options:
CRC4 multi-frame if CRC4 is used on the interface.
- T1 Options:
Saving the profile:
Running the profile
To launch the profile:
- Select Profile->Run or click over
. It allows to select the name of profile. See Running
- The windows of the Event-Editor is automatically opened.
To stop the profile
- Click over
- The window of the Event-Editor is automatically close
Troubleshooting over PRI
- No messages displayed on the Event-Editor windows. Check if the Alarms
line have an indication such as ' -+ FL' or '++FL' meaning that no
signal is detected.
- The protocol messages are displayed on the wrong directions: the E1 or T1
pair connected to the A and B port are the reverse side.