ISDN Simulator - management of communications
The ISDN call simulator manages:
- the simulation behavior allowing to establish/clear communications by
using the D channel signaling link.
- the level 3 emulator services provided by the
The simulator uses the information defined in the profile to specify the
communications and their automatic sequencing.
The behavior communications are:
- outgoing if the simulator behavior is of the Generator type.
- incoming if the simulator behavior is of the Responder type.
The Responder and Generator functions are not
- their simultaneous validation implies the generation of selected outgoing communications
AND the acknowledge (acceptance or rejection) of incoming communications.
- their simultaneous non-validation implies holding in the inactive state (no reaction
from the Q931 emulator).
Each communication is defined by three STATES:
- ESTABLISH state which starts by a B channel allocation.
- ACTIVE state which corresponds to the established communication on the allocated B
- CLEARING state to clear the B channel.
The emulator is initialized by the choice of the protocol used (ETSI...) and the
Each call refers emulator primitives:
- the S3-ESTABLISH
- enabled upon simulator initiative when the "Starting delay" period has
- using the IE's defined by the dialogue for the SETUP message initializing the
communication establish phase.
- the S3-RELEASE primitive:
- enabled upon simulator initiative when the "Data state duration" period has
- using the IE's defined by the dialogue for the first message initializing the clearing
The trace of primitives of service are inserted in the Event-file and
displayed by the Event-Editor.