Event-editor protocol - applying filter
If there is no associated filter applied, all the events of the event file are
displayed in a basic format by the EVENT-EDITOR.
If an associated filter is applied, only the events of the interfaces defined
in a Filter Set can be selected:
- If no Display action is specified for a Filter Set, all the events
concerned are displayed.
- If a Display action is specified for a Filter Set, the events displayed
and decoded by the EVENT-EDITOR are those selected according to the protocol
specifications by the Display action, which transmits them.
De-selecting the events which do not match the protocol specifications (PH
events and Level 1 events) is not possible. Therefore they are displayed in
a basic format.
The selection of events by one Display action is carried out by groups of
- date/time if applied (no filtering if not applied),
- AND event types if applied (no filtering if not applied), generated on the
interface(s) referenced in a Filter Set:
- a group of system event types related to the profile execution.
- OR a group of protocol conditions used with the following principles:
- Decoding, Service and Value modes are the three selection modes
accessible for each layer of the protocol stack.
- The group of protocol conditions which refer to different protocol
layers, constitute an OR function.
- The protocol conditions defined within a selection mode constitute
an OR function.
- Basically there is an OR function between the different selection
modes, but an AND function can be defined between used Decoding and
Value selection modes.
The same type of action can carry out several filtering executions
(repetition of the action type in the list) in order to cascade the conditions
and thus realize an AND condition.