Clarinet Host PC information
Advised Host configuration for Clarinet-Book USB
- PC: Pentium with RAM: 32 Mo.
- Windows 98
- Windows™ ME
- Windows 2000
- Windows™ XP
- Internet Explorer 4.0/5.0 or Netscape 4.0.
- USB Ports:
- 2 USB connectors are suggested.
- multi-ports HUB can be used
Advised Host configuration for Clarinet-Book SCSI
- PC: Pentium with RAM: 16 Mo.
- Windows 95
- Windows 98
- Windows NT 4.0 + Driver SCSI
- Internet Explorer 4.0 or Netscape 4.0.
- SCSI Adaptor:
- PCI: Adaptec 2940AU.
- PCMCIA Adaptec Slim SCSI 1460B.
Tested Xircom USB Hub
Acacia have evaluated and checked the specifications of a set of USB hub.
The Xircom one which includes 7 USB ports complies with the USB specifications.
Information about it is available on the website at http://portstation.xircom.com/en/modules/
Tested Adaptec SCSI2 Interfaces
- The Clarinet-book SCSI2 connector corresponds to the "High density"
designation (50 pins micro-SubD connector).
- Most of the desktop PC include now PCI slots and the best choice is the PCI-SCSI Master
AHA2940 Kit (plug and play installation). Warning: exclusive choice of AHA2940 and not the
wide model, AHA2940W.
- If the PC model has only ISA slots, the SCSI Master AHA1542CF Kit provides ISA
connection but compatibility between ISA slots of the PC and ISA boards depends on
- On the PC-notebook, the PCMCIA adapter is the APA1460A or APA1460B Slim SCSI Kit. The
kit includes an External High Density SCSI Cable (reference ACK1460/A50HT with APA1460A)
to plug to the Clarinet-book High-density-connector.
The performances of the SCSI bus depends on the drivers installed under Windows.